Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Crocodile Rock Cafe

So tonight was the Out of Reach show along with Saosin, The Bled, Meriwether and Armor for Sleep.

We got there around three something PM. We sat in the cafe for a little bit, then we figured out we could play in the bar area or the basement with a stage an all. We chose the basement(naturally).

We were the 2nd band to go on. We had roughly 20 minutes to get on play and get off. We only got to play 3 songs.

Still though, it was a great set.

From there we started watching the main show. Meriwether was first. I caught about 2 of their songs. I enjoyed what I heard. After them was The Bled. They had a great set. I was impressed.

From there me and the guitarist chris were standing off to the side. Out of everyones way, but not according to Big Ol' Bouncer. I don't know his name, but he was giving Chris a hard time. So from there I kinda got involved. Words were exchanged. Nothing bad though, however I felt like removing myself from that situation.

So from there I walked back downstairs and was chilling there for a bit. Chris joined up with me same with a few other friends. Then who is this who comes strolling into the basement? Big Ol' Bouncer. He comes up to me and from there starts to talk to me. He tried to explain he was just doing his job. Which I guess he thinks because I am younger then him I don't know whats going on. I know its his job. Not a problem. That is why I removed myself. From there we were just talking for a few more moments and he mentioned how kids in my situation would probabbly go home and start talking shit on him on the net. However I am not one to do that. I know the man was just doing his job, but seeing how he mentioned kids going on the net talking shit. I decided to mention our encounter tonight. I also wanted to say that he was very nice and polite when he came up to me and talked to me after I left our area where we had the little encounter.

Needless to say, next time I am ever at the Croc Rock, I hope he is there so I can say hi.

And hopefully the next time that Out of Reach is playing Croc Rock we will be on the main stage. Ha ha.

No comments: